Principal Public Health Analyst – 7773411777198
£30 to £50
Principal Public Health Analyst – 1 Year Contract Initially – Rate Negotiable (Inside IR35) – Gloucester
Our client is a large public sector organisation who is recruiting a Principal Public Health Analyst n order to ensure implementation of a successful Covid 19 Outbreak Management plan, the post-holder will be responsible for the daily review of relevant intelligence to understand if there are local increases, within settings or particular geographical areas. The role will be required to oversee monitoring of data flows relating to early warning and detection, prevention, management and control of the disease within different settings and communities, to support work around vulnerable people, inequalities and recovery, and links to existing ICS structures around research and intelligence such as R4G.
* Be a leader in Public Health Intelligence and act as a specialist advisor to enable the identification of priorities and guide the decision making process.
* Lead responsibility for public health intelligence and the development of staff and analytical resources.
* Engage with stakeholders to understand application of data/operational requirements and develop solutions (including data management, data reporting and visualisation).
* Develop and present complex information in a range of formats for strategic and operational use, as well as information to the public and responding to media enquiries.
* Define and develop data collection processes in order to monitor key metrics as required.
* Undertake and support others to analyse interpret trends in disease incidence, mortality and survival, particularly with regard to socioeconomic deprivation, exercising judgement in interpreting statistics
* Undertake initial investigation of exceedances in cases and
* Lead and support the development of public facing information
* Respond to data led media and councillor queries as required under short timescales
* Lead the development of local intelligence reports for decision makers as required.
* Substantial knowledge of epidemiology, statistics and public health intelligence and experience of providing solutions to a range of complex population health queries.
* Experience of Public Health analytics including age standardisations, undertaking sensitivity analysis, designing and undertaking evaluations
* Experience of data management including designing and managing systems needed to input, store and link (when possible) a broad rage of data sources. Experience of managing projects that cross organisations boundaries and require partnership working large information projects which go across more than one organisation
* Good knowledge and understanding of specialist public health practice is required
* Specialist knowledge and understanding of epidemiological and demographic information and statistics
* Data management and understanding of data structures
* Detailed knowledge of various statistical software packages to enable complex data management.
* Knowledge of GIS and social marketing tools e.g. ACORN and/or MOSAIC
* Innovation and development experience, including strong project leadership skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.