£28 to £31
Our client is looking for a Principal Policy Planner to join their team on a 5 month contract in the Slough area.
You will be working with the policy Lead to produce planning policy documents and the supporting evidence base for the emerging local plan.
Remaining aware of the service planning process to deliver the Council’s strategic and service objectives, and the Council’s vision, values and strategic priorities.
You will be Responsible for utilising area (s) of professional expertise, using topic based evidence and existing reports to consolidate, contribute and produce Planning policy documents such as the Preferred Spatial Strategy for the emerging Local Plan, Town Centre Strategy, Employment Land Topic Paper and Site development briefs.
Key duties for the role
* Working within a team structure in a performance orientated environment to meet relevant deadlines such as those in the production of a Local Plan.
* Experience in developing policies for Local Plan and supplementary planning documents.
* Experience of presenting reports to Planning Committee, preparing and giving evidence at planning Hearings and Inquiries attending public meeting.
* Knowledge of the current planning policy trends and issues and proposed changes to the planning system.
* In depth understanding of the statutory planning system and procedures in order to prepare and implement Local Plan documents.
* Ability to commission and supervise the work of outside consultants to produce research reports or ongoing specialist advice within agreed timescale and budget..
If you would like more information on the role please email email@example.com or call 02392 314 797.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.