Principal Accountant – 1000569110509446
Principal Accountant – Exeter – 9 to 12 Month Contract – £21.18ph umbrella
Our client is a large public sector organisation who require a Principal Accountant to provide strategic financial management advice and support to the service to ensure that limited financial resources are allocated, managed and utilised to best effect and commercial objectives are achieved.
* Work directly with Heads of Service, and their respective management boards on a range of specific projects that have a strategic effect on the service and its performance. Advise on different business and service delivery models.
* Provide advice on financial and commercial aspects of contracts, pricing, specification, negotiation, outputs, scoring mechanisms, revenue targets, and advice on the development of new business.
* Provide strategic financial and operational management support to designated management groups, project teams, etc.
* Conduct strategic financial reviews of service areas and provide reports to Elected Members, Corporate Leadership, Heads of Service and Senior Management teams.
* Co-ordinate financial advice and support, including financial modelling, assessments of profit and loss, forecasting, understanding overheads and other operating costs, options appraisals and financial planning (incorporating technical and commercial accounting practices as appropriate)
* Interpret statistical service data, both financial and non-financial
* Contribute to the development, design and implementation of data systems and other financial systems as appropriate
* Define the financial framework, its processes and controls, for each service
* Direct line management of financial support team(s)
To apply for this position please email your CV and availability to Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.