Press and New Media Officer
Press and Media Officer – Enfield (remote working) – Initial 3 Month contract – £21 per hour (inside IR35, umbrella) – start date ASAP.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Press Officer in Enfield to effectively manage the Council’s relationship with the media, undertaking proactive and reactive work to deliver agreed outcomes and supporting nominated spokespeople in working with the media and responding to social media enquiries and in the development and distribution of marketing materials with a primary focus on designated priority areas supporting the delivery of effective communications to support our response to the Covid-19 pandemic .
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
* To monitor and use new/social media to support the delivery of effective communication campaigns and reputation management, both pro-actively and re-actively, advising officers as appropriate, primarily in relation to our Covid-19 response.
* To manage and respond to Member Enquiries and FOIs on infrastructure projects which impact on the reputation of the Council.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
* Experience of working effectively with a range of media including local, community, national and professional plus social media.
* Experience of dealing with sensitive/crisis media issues and delivering positive outcomes.
* A detailed understanding of all forms of media (including social media) and how the Council can effectively manage its reputation through these channels.
* A track record in devising and implementing a strategic approach to using the press and new media to deliver defined outcomes.
35 hours a week. Full time, Monday – Friday.
Additional checks will be required on application.
If you are experienced in this field and are interested in this contract, Apply now!
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.