Policy & Process Manager
£36,300 to £45,350
I am looking for a Policy & Process Manager to be based in Birmingham.
Job title: Policy & Process Manager
Salary: 36300 – 45350 plus 20% up to 54k
This role is responsible for working with the wider Procurement & Commercial teams to develop and manage procurement and commercial policies and processes and support them to carry out their duties effectively by creating an environment of continuous improvement.
Role of Directorate/Department
To support the delivery of HS2’s strategic goals by building value adding supply chains with sustainable commercial relationships. To do this we must:-
* Successfully achieve the award of all contracts required to deliver the construction, testing, commissioning and operation of HS2 in a fair, transparent, and non-discriminatory manner, by the agreed dates (as per Utilities Contract Regulations 2016);
* Provide commercial support and decision-making across all HS2s contracts and manage those contracts to ensure that they deliver the strategic objectives of the project throughout the term of the agreement and deliver demonstrable value for money;
* Support the delivery of HS2’s strategic goals by building value adding supply chains with sustainable commercial relationships that deliver value and comply with HS2’s obligations set out in the Development Agreement and any associated Undertakings and Assurances;
* Negotiate Commercial Agreements with third parties, coordinating interfaces and integrating across contracts and suppliers;
* Ensure that HS2 has the goods and services required by the organisation to guarantee success across each stage of the delivery lifecycle.
* To be responsible for managing the development and improvement of a robust, auditable and transparent Procurement, Commercial and Contract Management system (Procure to Pay Control Framework), that ensures policies, process and templates are developed to support the need to source, select, manage and deliver the diverse range of works, good and services required by HS2.
* To be responsible for assisting with the implementation and management of measures and review processes to protect HS2 and the commercial programme from non-compliance from Procurement regulations and commercial policies and procedures, inconsistencies of approach to the market, and conflicts of interest.
* To be accountable the delivery of change initiatives from identification through to delivery including approvals and Procure to Pay Control Framework updates.
* To be responsible for delivering process improvement workshops to identify ideas and solutions to support the delivery of greater efficiency through the identification of better ways of working.
* To be responsible for facilitating Lessons Learned reviews and feedback process improvements into the Procure to Pay Control Framework and commercial policies and processes.
* To be responsible for the delivery of Policy and Process training within the directorate and the wider teams as identified.
* To be responsible for regularly liasing with the Department for Transports (DfT’s) Virtual P