Personal Assistant – 1001556910850255
Private Secretary – Nottingham – Contract until 31 March 2020 initially – £22.12 per hour umbrella
Our client is a large public sector organisation who requires an experienced Private Secretary to operate at the most senior levels – engaging with (the offices of) business leaders, Government Ministers, Council leaders and senor officers from LEPs and Local Authorities.
* To develop and maintain an overarching understanding of their agenda, key priorities and political environment.
* To accompany the Chair to regional, national and international meetings and events as required.
* To ensure that the Chair is well briefed and prepared for all key meetings as required, and to act as a point of escalation for emerging issues.
* To be aware of relevant Parliamentary activity: legislation, motions, debates and questions, and undertake research to provide background on this to the Chair where appropriate and identifying recommendations for actions.
* To undertake full range of administrative and secretarial support to include preparing documents, record keeping and office management functions.
* A thorough knowledge and understanding of current policies, priorities and pressures relating to local, regional and national government policy, across a broad range of subjects.
* Experience of stakeholder engagement and management, including the necessary communication, negotiation and influencing skills to develop effective collaborative working.
* Able to demonstrate a high level of organisational skills, able to deal with changing agendas and uncertainty with confidence.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.