Southampton, Remote | Initial 3 Month Contract | £15.81ph Umbrella | Full-Time |
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Assistant to join a local authority in Southampton to support the Payroll & Pensions function. This role will see you completing the following;
* To undertake complex payroll/pension processes including input to systems and maintaining the employee record.
* To deal with complex payroll/pensions and administrative queries whilst providing appropriate advice to the customer in a timely manner
* To provide administration support for post recruitment activities including DBS processing
* Provide support to maintain accurate pay scales, allowance tables and LGPS pension links.
* To provide advice on pay related tax and insurance issues
* To provide advice on specific payroll related queries, such as maternity and absence
* To process and administer the more complex benefits schemes including Pensions administration
* To administer job evaluation changes and complete the necessary input and documentation.
* To assist with HR/Payroll related projects as required
* To ensure all procedures and processes comply with employment policies, data protection, legislation, equality and diversity issues and best practice.
* Answer phones and emails
* To actively participate in a culture of continuous improvement/ change within and across the teams, seeking to improve services, performance, data and stakeholder feedback.
* To maintain accurate and objective records of all HR activity and interventions, in accordance with agreed procedures and practice
* Experience working within a busy HR/Payroll function
* Good understanding of payroll processes and HR best practice in relation to payroll
* Background within a local authority, government organisation beneficial
Wish to Apply?
Get in contact with Anna at STR Group Services, by emailing an up-to-date CV in application today!
Tel: 02392 315 073
Due to receiving a high number of applications to our opportunities, we are not always able to contact all applicants with feedback. If you do not hear from us in 5 working days from application, please conclude you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.