Operations Technology Engineer – 112774-1
£500 to £550
Operations Technology Engineer -until 30th June 2022 – Remote (Travel to EMEA when restrictions lift) – £500-550 per day PAYE
Our client is looking for a Operations Technology Engineer deliver value to customers both remotely and onsite. This role will be remote based but once restrictions are lifted fully with travel you will be travelling to customer locations within EMEA.
Joining the Customer Innovation Team has expertise in technological co-innovation, rapid prototyping, digital twins, and adopting new technologies. We support industries, such as manufacturing, automotive, oil, and gas, or logistics. We have a unique reputation as a powerful and trusted partner among industry leaders who seek to quickly identify business needs, ideate technology solutions, and build high-quality prototypes tailored to individual customer needs. We are a cross-functional team with a wide range of skillsets from hardware capabilities to specialists in digital twins.
The Customer Innovation is able to tackle a wide range of different business solutions using Drones to detect leaks at oil and gas leaks, working on creating Digital Twins for the largest consumer goods manufacturers, and many other exciting projects!
* Design, build, install, operate and maintain industrial automation lab/ models which consist of sensors/ actuators, PLC’s, HMIs, PTUs, Network equipment, computers
* Install, configure various SCADA, OPC DA/IA, Data Historian …. Servers, connect them together and with the automation lab
* Programming the controllers (PLC), HMIs and other devices
* Work with software engineers to PoC, demo, test and validate the features and assure quality of the security product
* Prototyping algorithmic solutions and testing feasibility of new approached in a scripting language of choice (i.e. Python)
* Working with high performance offthe-shelf (and derivative) platforms, particularly Nvidia Jetson product line and with industrial cameras particularly through GigE and USB interface, sensor and optics selection, processing sensor data (delayering, pixel format conversions), basic image analysis and computer vision tasks.
* Working with vendors to discover latest feasible technologies and test them for performance and usefulness for current and future products.
* 5+ years’ experience in the automation industry
* Experience in programming the PLCs using ladder logic (IL, ST, FBD, C/C++)
* Actual industrial device experience and engineering software of major vendors (Rockwell, Automation, Siemens, Schneider Electric, Omron, Yokogawa, LG)
* Familiar with various Motion Controllers/ Actuators
* Knowledge of industrial communication protocol
* Knowledge of SCADA, OPC DA/UA, data historian software/ systems
* Openminded and keen on learning
* Cloud DB skills
* Kepware, Matricon, Softing or similar
* Industrial control/ SCADA system in energy, manufactur9ing, utilities, oil and gas, water treatment
* Knowledge of manufacturing execution systems (MES)
* Knowledge of industrial cybersecurity standards (IEC 62443, NERCCIP)
* Software development
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.