Operational Buyer – North
£38,000 to £42,000
Are you an FM Procurement Manager/Buyer looking for the opportunity to provide sustainable, cost effective procurement and supply chain, working with internal customers to obtain products and services from the supply chain, delivering value for money, quality, and reliability?
I am currently recruiting for an Operational FM Buyer alongside a first rate Services Organisation – they are offering c.£40,000 along with a company car/£4k car allowance, Private Healthcare, good pension contribution and more!
* Proactively negotiate, manage and build appropriate relationships with key approved suppliers. Identify, select and develop new suppliers to meet future business needs
* Propose, implement and manage proactive cost reduction and supplier improvement programmes within and across regional teams, delivering personal and team targets.
* Provide support to the operational teams with the implementation of new contracts (mobilisations),
* Enhance the value of supply chain to the client
* Participate in cross-functional project teams
* Influence and support the transition and implementation from non-preferred to preferred suppliers where possible, via procurement tender process
* Carry out preferred and approved supplier operational reviews and complete corrective actions
* First point of escalation for supplier issues
* Manage internal customer relationships, providing a flexible responsive customer service for all internal customer specific requests/needs
* Assist in the development and management of suppliers to support business needs
* Experience of supply chain management is essential
* Preferred experience, knowledge or understanding of the FM industry
* A can do style, always demonstrating professional behaviours
* Negotiation skills
* Commercial awareness
* Good IT skills including Word and Excel
* Able to communicate effectively at all levels
* Achieved or working towards CIPS membership
* Ability to manage stakeholder relationships
* Able to work individually and as part of a team – a keen interest in collaboration
* Problem solving skills
* Clean driving licence and willing to travel is essential.
* Experience / interest in sustainable procurement initiatives
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.