Neighbourhood Housing Officer – 1000547211155294
Tyne and Wear
Neighbourhood Housing Officer – Gateshead – Contract until 31 January 2020 – £11.64 per hour umbrella
Our client is a large public sector organisation who requires an Neighbourhood Housing Officer to deliver a comprehensive, customer focused and responsive tenancy and estate management service to sustain tenancies. Supporting tenants and helping to create safe and clean sustainable neighbourhoods.
* Proactively manage a cross tenure patch of properties, including properties managed on behalf of other landlords, providing customer focussed services in line with the company’s service standards and values.
* To become the key local contact for tenants, providing appropriate support and early intervention to sustain tenancies and maximise income.
* To work with vulnerable tenants, making appropriate referrals and liaising with partners and services to develop and monitor support plans.
* Carry out a range of visits to ensure tenancies are sustained and properties are kept in good condition.
* To provide customers with appropriate housing advice and where necessary carry out home visits to assist the rehousing process; this includes visits to approve mutual exchanges and registration of transfers.
* Dealing with potentially difficult situations
* Providing support to vulnerable customers
* Displaying a positive “can do” approach
* Effective negotiation and communication skills both verbal and written
* Effective partnership working
* Managing and prioritising a varied workload
* Good organisation and time management skills
* Working under pressure, meeting targets and deadlines
* Effective ICT skills
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.