Neighborhood Officer (Housing)
£15 to £16
Neighbourhood Officer (Housing)- £15ph Umbrella- Somerset- Contract
My Client is looking for a Neighbourhood Officer to cover a patch of about 750 properties in Wells, Somerset. This will be to provide an effective, flexible landlord service to customers and to build communities, which their customers are proud to live in. You will be focused, professional, organised and be confident in managing stakeholder relationships. You will be advising people and resolving complex issues so you will have experience in dispute resolution along with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with an ability to think creatively.
* Manage and monitor own performance using performance management system.
* Enforce and support the landlord strategies of Safety First and Rent First.
* Use a risk-based approach to schedule and complete Neighbourhood Inspections. Be accountable for identifying and reporting risks to ensure the risk is managed effectively.
* Increase customer satisfaction within the Neighbourhood locality, identifying potential improvements.
* Be customer focussed to deliver good, easily accessible and safe landlord services.
* Manage tenancies through support and enforcement with an emphasis on collaborative multi-agency working.
* Deal quickly and decisively, working with customers, to address tenancy breaches. Agree action plans and, as a last resort, take proportionate action to enforce the tenancy.
* Proactively investigate suspected cases of tenancy fraud, to ensure our properties are being occupied in accordance with the terms of the tenancy agreement. Take responsive action to address any issues.
* Keeping up to date with Policy and Procedure changes and applying within your day to day work
Experience and Qualifications
* Knowledge of the housing sector and current housing issues
* Will demonstrate resilience whilst effectively communicating with customers
* To provide creative solutions to challenging situations
* Experience of challenging and emotive situations and applying empathy
* Problem solving skills, working under pressure and taking initiative
* Organised, accurate record keeping, task focussed to meet deadlines.
* Experience of working in a customer focussed environment
The job is mainly working from home as currently Neighbourhood Officers are not entering tenants homes. However there will be a number of estate safety inspections that will need to be covered.
To apply for this position, please send a up to date CV to Nikki at firstname.lastname@example.org
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.