£425 to £450
Start date asap after interview and completed pre employment checks.
Working in partnership with Microsoft Fast Track Service Hampshire IT has undertaken a large mailbox migration from Exchange 2010 to Exchange Online using a hybrid Exchange environment. To support the programme of work we require an experienced Messaging Consultant to join our Infrastructure Delivery Team.
As well as being able to deliver the hands on technical work required to support the migration, the successful candidate will demonstrate technical leadership when resolving issues and will work alongside the wider programme team to advise on implementing technical change for the organisation and will contribute to detailed plans. You will have strong communication skills and the ability to engage effectively with colleagues is essential.
* Lead engagement with the Microsoft Fast Track migration team including managing delegation groups and planning/managing departmental migration groups.
* Advise on options, make recommendations and implement solutions to issues encountered when migrating to Exchange Online.
* Raise risks where necessary, highlighting impacts and providing mitigations to the project team.
* Complete technical documentation and assist with transition to BAU.
* Mentor less experienced staff to enable them to support the new solution effectively.
* Support the project manager with mapping out tasks for successful delivery of migration.
* Lead technical implementation across messaging stack i.e. Exchange, Lync, Skype
Essential Skills & Experience
* At least two years’ experience working as an SME with Microsoft messaging technologies including Exchange Online, Exchange 2010 / 2016, Lync 2013, Skype for Business Online, Skype Edge Servers.
* At least two years’ experience working with and administering Active Directory, DNS, ADFS, AAD Connect / Directory Sync within a large enterprise.
* Understanding of messaging platform designs and topologies.
* PowerShell scripting for Azure and Exchange.
* Good communication skills.
* Deliver to deadlines.
* Experience with integration of these technologies with various network capabilities including use of NetScaler load balancers.
* In depth understanding of mail flow and routing.
* Experience with SMTP relays.
Desirable Skills and Experience
* Wider experience of working with Office 365 and Azure technologies.
* Experience of handling multiple tasks running concurrently with varying complexity, time constraints, impacts and risks.
* Experience of working in an ITIL compliant environment including writing and implementing change controls.
* Understanding of Azure security principles and technologies like Conditional Access.
* Intune and MAM/MDM.
* Familiarity with other elements of HCC’s key technology stack:
* Microsoft Windows 10
* Windows Server 2016
* Citrix XenServer, XenDesktop, NetScaler, Xen Mobile (MAM/MDM)
* VMWare ESXi 5+
* Microsoft Hyper-V
* App V
* EXIM SMTP relay
The role is based in Winchester, only a 10 minute walk from the train station. Out of hours work may be required to support project delivery.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.