MariaDB DBA – Winchester – Full Time – 3 month Contract – £300pd umbrella
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced MariaDB DBA in Winchester to work on established databases that support over 35,000 staff
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
– Understanding and analysing customer requirements and making recommendations for solutions
– Deciding and approving what actions need to be taken to resolve problems or issues
– Implementing encryption or putting mitigations in place to protect unencrypted data and document risk
– Documenting, updating and testing backup/ restore procedures
– Assisting the Database Team Leader in integrating the HCC MariaDB Estate to that of a corporately supported solution
– Assessing the viability of solutions to business problems and consider the impact on the wider organisation
– Investigating, planning and migrating MySql estate on Microsoft O/S to Linux
– Upgrading existing MariaDB estate and establish standards
– Inventorise current MariaDB estate and document for Contents Management system
To be suitable for this opportunity; you must have:
– MariaDB 10.1, 5.5 experience
– Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6+ experience
– Knowledge of database security, monitoring and management principles
– Ability to manage both customers and vendors under pressure
– Good understanding of database essentials including, but not limited to, performance management, security, auditing and general maintenance
– Experience of working within a strict change management environment
– Experience of handling multiple tasks running concurrently with varying complexity, time constraints, impacts and risks
The rate for this position is £300pd umbrella.
This position is available full time Monday – Friday 37 hours a week.
Additional checks will be required on application.
This role is based in Winchester.
For more information on this opportunity and to apply please call Ali Worsfold at STR Group on 02392 322312 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org..
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.