£45,000 to £50,000
Gillingham, Kent | £45,000-£50,000 per annum | Full-Time | Permanent
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant to join a global automotive company based in Gillingham, Kent. This is a senior role reporting directly to the Site Financial Controller focusing on the product costing, quoting and business cases but also assisting the lead Management Accountant of the reporting and general ledger tower in the management of the finance team, and the completion of monthly, quarterly and annual accounts forecast and budgets.
Established in 1928, our client is one of the Top 20 Automotive Suppliers of technical systems in the world. A multi-national company, operating at 96 sites across 26 different countries with their main HQ residing in Michigan, USA.
* To take responsibility for the site preparation of quotes, product costings and business case preparation and review. Working closely with the site Lean Manager and Business Development Manager
* Supporting the Finance team with the preparation and completion of Month end, quarterly and annual reporting
* To take responsibility for accurate financial reporting to strict deadlines; to liaise with external and internal auditors to ensure robust processes; input into the budget/forecast process; ensure the site is Sarbanes Oxley compliant.
* Business case production and review
* Product costing and quoting
* Completion of quarterly inventory variance capitalisation to standard cost
* Annual update of product standard costs complete with variance analysis
* Material cost analysis and reporting
* Produce accurate profit and loss and balance sheets to tight deadlines
* Manage cashflow and reporting to tight deadlines
* Take responsibility for cashflow forecasting
* Produce headcount and payroll reports
* Help maintain all ledgers
* Liaise with internal and external auditors to ensure successful audit completion
* Ensure all work is completed in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) guidelines
* Control company bank accounts
* Control expenditure versus budget
* Responsible for Intrastat & VAT reporting
* Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
* Action improvements to reporting processes
* Mentor and develop the Finance team
* Ensure dependable and reliable processes are installed and adhered to
* Assist in the completion of stocktakes
* Budget and LRP (Lomg Range plan) preparation, and monthly forecast process
* Daily reporting and target tracking
* Manufacturing KPI’s and Over-and-Under absorption techniques
* Computation of Excess and Obsolete inventory provision
* Alongside the Quality team monitor warranty returns and claims, identifying any financial risks to the business
* Complete analysis, journal preparation and entry of monthly journals
* Responsible for annual standard costing process
* Factory Margin reporting within the plant
* Any other duties as may be required in order to ensure the efficient operation of the company.
Qualifications & Skills
* Minimum 3 Years’ experience within Finance Sector
* Finance Qualification – Degree or working towards CIMA/ACCA Qualification
* Strong understanding of standard costing environment
* High Level Excel Skills & understanding of how to use Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) & NPV calculations
Monday-Friday, Full-Time, 37 Hours, 30 minutes Lunch break.
Monday 07:00 16:00
Tuesday 07:30 15:30
Wednesday 07:30 15:30
Thursday 07:30 15:30
Friday 07:30 14:30
Wish to apply?
Get in contact with Anna at STR Group, by emailing an up-to-date CV today!
Tel: 02392 315 073
Due to receiving a high number of applications to our opportunities, we are not always able to contact all applicants with feedback. If you do not hear from us in 5 working days from application, please conclude you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.