Licensing Officer – RQ396862
Licensing Officer – Basildon – £16 per hour umbrella – 2 Month Contract Initially
Our client is a large public sector organisation who requires a Licensing Officer to undertake enforcement related monitoring in relation to licensed premises and taxi licensing in particular.
About the Role:
* To administer applications for the grant, renewal, transfer and variation of a variety of licenses, registrations and permits.
* To liaise with various external and internal departments and agencies including police, fire service, Disclosure and Barring Service to maintain public registers of licenses issued.
* To carry out associated licensing enforcement responsibilities including responding to complaints, carrying out routine inspections, interviewing witnesses and licensees and others. These duties may include formal interviews of individuals subject to potential criminal prosecution under caution; preparing committee reports, files of evidence and statements; giving evidence at the licensing committee and magistrates and other appropriate courts acting as a witness or investigating officer.
* To have direct customer contact by contacting licensees (and their representatives, including licensing solicitors) if there are problems with their licence by telephone or requesting a face to face meeting to discuss problems with the licence application and negotiate solutions and if necessary to refuse the licence application and remit to applicant.
* To assist in providing a comprehensive licensing service, including contributing to the formation, review and update of license conditions and policies.
* To assist in the management of the financial aspects of administering licensing functions, including ensuring the correct fees are levied and expenditure is accounted for.
* Experience within the Licensing Team of a local authority (or similar relevant work experience.
* Practical experience of enforcement of licensing law in relation to other areas of licensing including animal licensing and street trading.
* Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate with a variety of audiences using a variety of skills.
* Ability to produce letters, reports, statements, notices etc
* Capable of effectively organising and prioritising own workload to ensure the meeting of targets.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.