Legal Governance Officer
Legal Governance Officer – Newham – 3 month contract – £17.31ph umbrella
Our client is looking for a legal governance officer to provide legal and administrative support across civil and criminal litigation, enforcement and housing.
Main job responsibilities for this role include:
* To support the lawyers and senior lawyers with a caseload of legal work
* To provide support if required to strategic projects across multi-functional teams,
* To carry out advocacy on preliminary matters if required to do so, and not to instruct external support except in accordance with agreed procedures
* To work with the Administrative Support Team to ensure that all support tasks are carried out at the relevant level
* To provide advice to customers on legal matters, and liaise with other parties in proceedings in respect of the conduct of the case
The perfect candidate will:
* A legal qualification up to degree level or relevant equivalent work experience in legal practice relating to civil and criminal litigation, enforcement and housing.
* A basic understanding of the workings of local government and the challenges being set by the new local government agenda along with the financial, legal and political context of local government.
* A basic knowledge of local government powers and law and practice relating to civil and criminal litigation, enforcement and housing.
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job reference: 84521. If you have not heard back after 5 working days, please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application at this time.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.