Junior Network Technician
Junior Network Technician – Portsmouth- Full Time – Contract – £10ph umbrella
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a keen IT Support Professional in Portsmouth to join a team where you will be able to expand your knowledge base in IT Support at all levels.
This role will involve providing telephone, email and face to face IT support to internal staff for this large organisation, getting exposure to 1st line, 2nd line and 3rd level support.
This role is perfect for someone looking to get into an IT Network support role (who can grow in technical ability and take on a wider set of tasks) or with some experience already in a network support / troubleshooting environment. This role may also suit an IT related graduate looking to enhance their experience within a working environment.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
– network sites surveys
– network consolidation tasks
– raise network change controls
– raise orders for networking hardware
– help diagnose and resolve network incidents
– assist all users with any logged IT related incidents when called upon
– take ownership of issues
– install and configure new network equipment
To be suitable for this opportunity; you must have
– Working knowledge of IT infrastructure and networks
– Working knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems (Windows 7-10)
– A desire to show initiative and enthusiasm
– Previous experience of working in an IT support role would be advantageous
– Good general level of education
The rate for this position is £10ph umbrella. This position is available full time Monday – Friday 37.5 hours a week and may go on for up to 1 year.
Additional checks will be required on application.
This role is based in Portsmouth.
For more information on this opportunity and to apply please call Ali Worsfold at STR Group on 02392 322312 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.