IT Support Engineer
Cheshire | £13ph Umbrella | Initial 2m Contract | Start ASAP
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a client based in Cheshire for an IT Support Engineer to join them on an initial 2-month Contract.
The role will require you to provide first line telephone support to the IT Service Desk providing where possible, incident, and first-time fixes or assigning to other teams.
* Provide ad hoc and scheduled technical advice and guidance to all Officers, Schools based staff and external clients either on site or through the use of remote tools in the use of systems and applications to ensure appropriate skills and expertise are available to enable clients to make effective use of ICT.
* Undertake and monitor complex project work, tasks, training and requests for assistance, upgrades and installs, either with others or on own initiative to ensure that installations, support and training are delivered in a timely manner to corporate company standards and to the satisfaction of all parties involved
* Plan, prepare and deliver training sessions, meetings, workshops, reviews and presentations for a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences including Schools based staff, in order to provide all clients with the skills and understanding needed to carry out their IT related tasks effectively and efficiently.
* Ensure that all problems and solutions are documented (utilising standard software and procedures) to enable the provision and upkeep of a corporate knowledge base which is available for the speedy resolution of subsequent faults.
* Ensure that all stages of tasks are documented and that all clients and management are informed of the current status of unresolved problems all times to enable escalation procedures to be applied when appropriate and tasks resolved in the fastest time possible.
* Use automated and remote technology solutions for delivery, support, and training to ensure that a more effective use of time is achieved by shortening the installation and support time of desktop management and minimising site visits.
* Undertake additions and modifications to systems that provide access security control to ensure that unauthorised access to systems is prevented.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
* Background working in an IT Support Desk role within the Public Sector
* Experience working with Windows 10, Windows 7, M365, Citrix, McAfee EPO, SCCM, Active Directory and other systems.
* Local Authority Experience is desirable
For further information and to apply please contact Anna at STR on 02392 315073 and email an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.