IT Service Desk Analyst
£26,000 to £27,500
IT Service Desk Analyst – Surbiton – Permanent – £27,500 per annum
Our client is a leader in its sector recruiting an IT Service Desk Analyst to join their team to be the 1st point of contact and ownership of all contact made to the IT Service Desk. A 1st and 2nd line level of technical ability and awareness is required. The suitable candidate will be required to pass a SC level Security Clearance.
* Providing 1st line support, logged via telephone or email to end users with a focus on excellent customer service. Following standard guidance and troubleshooting procedures.
* Ensuring tickets are not breaching SLA’s and proactively managing open issues.
* Resolve technical issues (e.g., changing passwords/access rights, laptop, and desktop issues, EMCORUK specific applications, printers, desk telephones and mobile devices) via LogMeIn, dealing with non-technical customers and executives.
* Primarily end user support in a Windows based environment but will be supporting 3rd party & in-house built applications for which training will be provided – Active Directory experience essential.
* Undertakes System Administration tasks for EMCOR products and services.
* Monitoring IT Service Desk queue and proactively updating customers.
* Provide efficient administration for the IT Service Desk including order management, dealing with equipment suppliers, tracking equipment and reporting.
* Manage the process for joiner, movers and leavers of the business including sourcing hardware and setting up software requirements, disabling accounts and arranging return of equipment.
* Maintaining the asset database and provides asset management support to the IT Helpdesk Team Leader by way of identifying asset information, providing reporting analysis and updating key IT asset information.
* Creating and maintaining IT documentation, developing the EMCORUK IT knowledgebase with detail customer-facing documentation to a high standard, ensuring an increasing portion of tickets are resolved using the KB.
* Provides the management & distribution of mobile, computing, & software assets based on approved requests from the business.
* The role would benefit from a foundation knowledge of ITIL v3 or v4.
* A patient and “customer first” manner is essential for this role, with an aptitude for going the extra mile to complete the task on time, to a high standard.
* Prioritisation and planning are key to this role, with the role requiring the individual to manage their time effectively to provide successful outcomes, as per the department KPI’s.
* A proactive and “can do” approach is key to the successful outcome for the department and this role.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task to carry out the job effectively.
* Ability to analyse problems quickly and offer solutions.
* Able to work on their own initiative, within established procedures and as part of a team.
* Previous experience in an IT Service Desk environment.
* Able to interact with customers from all levels of the business and translate technical jargon to non-technical people.
* Experience of troubleshooting network issues.
* Familiar with PC/laptop imaging technologies.
* Understanding of desktop security, anti-virus, and anti-malware.
* Experience of administering Active Directory, Exchange, Microsoft Windows 10, MS Office 365.
* Familiar with mobile telephony (knowledge of Android operating platforms, ability to navigate users around functionality, block devices and add features in an MDM platform).
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.