IT Project Manager (Information Assurance and Governance)
IT Project Manager (Information Assurance and Governance) – £26.29 per hour umbrella – 3 Month Contract – Crewe
Our client is a large public sector organisation who requires an IT project Manager to coordinate and deliver projects related to Information Assurance and Governance for their Information and Data Management (IADM) Programme.
The IADM programme is focussed on ensuring Information is utilised effectively and appropriately to deliver business change across multiple services.
* Examples of project will include, GIS, Address Management, Master Data Management, BI and Information Assurance – the PM will be supported by a wider network of PMs under the programme, as well as an active Programme Manager and SRO.
* Define, manage, assess, estimate and document the execution of one or more complex projects or work streams in accordance with appropriate policies and processes, scrutinizing all activities against plan, providing regular and accurate financial and technical progress reports to senior managers, clients, users, suppliers and colleagues in order to deliver a quality product or service within agreed resources, timescales and other business constraints including budgets.
* Take professional responsibility for the full range of technical and supplier relationship management.
* Lead, manage and motivate large project teams in a matrix management environment influencing, negotiating and providing technical advice and expertise to clients, external partners, contractors and colleagues.
* Propose evaluate and make recommendations combining technical limitations and knowledge of the business with operational realities in order to provide practical and innovative technical and business solutions for new or improved: products, services, infrastructure, tools, methodologies, policies or standards.
* Plan, prepare and conduct meetings, workshops, training sessions and presentations for a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences of all levels.
* Manage and develop risk management strategies.
* Ensure that all work is carried out and documented using appropriate standards and methods.
* You will need to display an understanding of the importance of Information Assurance and how it can improve effectiveness within an organisation.
* The Programme is information and business focussed, so it is essential that the successful PM can demonstrate a range of previous projects which display business and ICT capabilities, delivery and outputs.
* Extensive experience working in IT, including management experience in a technical area Programme and project management, including initial scoping, feasibility assessments and managing budgets within agreed constraints, using Prince 2 project planning, management and control techniques, e.g. risk assessment and critical path analysis.
* Experience of managing multidisciplinary teams, including matrix management of staff working projects Experience of implementing ongoing process improvement including establishing educational programmes to support initiatives.
* Tendering and contract management experience, preferably within a Local Government setting.
* Working with technical and business partners to identify opportunities to realise benefits, income, savings and improvements.
* Evidence of innovative thinking which has been brought to fruition and met stated objectives Policy, procedure or standards development Working in partnership with stakeholders (internal and external) to achieve common goals.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.