IT Project Manager
£400 to £450
IT Project Manager
Dockside, Newham, London | £450 Day Umbrella | Contract | Full-Time | Start ASAP
We are seeking an experience IT Project Manager to support a large public sector organisation based in Newham, London. This role will see you lead on an element of a wider transformation programme for the business delivering new system rollout, data migration and user testing.
* Work as part of the Change and Insights Delivery Team supporting corporate programmes, projects and transformation activity across the business.
* Coordinate all corporate transformation programmes across the business and provide support and advice as required. This includes ensuring good PPM governance in combination with gateway reviews assurance and databases in accordance with corporate requirements and best practice
* You will provide expert programme and project management support to project and programme managers as required across the Change and Insight team.
* Responsible for the deployment of recognised, appropriate and robust project management techniques together with the corporate governance framework, methodologies, ICT Systems and other appropriate PPM toolkits.
* Manage an effective system for project assurance, quality assurance, skills database and training including ensuring clear and consistent arrangements for the storage and publication of products
* Develop effective communications, liaison and working relationships with all relevant organisations, bodies and individuals, both internally and externally, in order to ensure the successful delivery of programmes and project outcomes and outputs and to support senior management and management teams in doing the same
* Assist in the development of the benefits realisation plans for projects and programmes.
* Ensure the effective management of risks and issues within programmes and projects, including assisting programme or project managers in maintaining risks and issues logs, and ensuring the appropriate escalation of uncontrolled risks and issues
* Provide advice across the business in respect of programme, project and business leads and to support the development of robust and effective business cases and implementation plans.
* Manage an effective reporting regime and governance for all programmes and projects, including the co-ordination of programme and project progress reports and gateway reviews.
* Analyse data relating to transformation programmes and projects and to ensure reports are prepared for a variety of different audiences, including senior management, SRO’s and key stakeholders.
* Champion, lead and enable effective communication in respect of programme and project management, including maintaining the dependency/interdependency matrix across the business portfolio
* Assist and support the Assistant Directors for Improvement and Change in overseeing the administration of senior management Boards and to attend, as required, Programme and Project Boards, as required.
* Degree Level Qualification in IT related subject
* Demonstrable experience as IT Project Manager delivering on transformation projects
* Background working for large companies, ideally of a public sector industry
* PRINCE 2 Qualified
To apply to this role, please send a copy of your most up-to-date CV to Anna Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your current notice period/availability to start, location and salary expectation.
Tel: 02392 315073
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.