It Engineer 5087528
£18 to £19
I have a 3 month contract (with the view to extend) for an IT engineer based in Morden, London. This role is paying between £18 and £19 an hour via umbrella. The role is inside ir35. I am looking for someone with knowledge of Skype for Business and previous experience of
floor walking, have the ability to teach / show users to get best use of Skype.
Responsible for: Time-limited project teams as allocated to undertake tasks as part of a matrix management approach to managing projects and assignments within the division. This role will be predominantly floor walking.
Provide technical expertise to install, configure, upgrade, administer, monitoring and maintain corporate desk top, server infrastructure, networks and voice operational systems and services within the Council.
Work on a number of different large and diverse projects and incidents at the same time and work in a position of constant change and manage conflicting priorities and moving deadlines.
To support by assisting with the monitoring, maintenance and installation of systems to agreed standards of quality and customer satisfaction.
Ensures all incidents are responded to and resolved within the agreed service levels.
Knowledge Experience and Skills
* Has good knowledge of all aspects of PABX, VOIP, Window (MCP) and Unix Servers and desktop devices including Citrix
* Can demonstrate meeting targets and a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Has practical knowledge of configuration management of systems, including the monitoring of strengths and weaknesses.
* Possesses strong inter-personal skills, especially in handling contacts of all types and at all levels.
* Is able to obtain information from business people in face to face situations, and to analyse information on users’ occupational tasks obtained by a variety of formal and informal means.
* Is effective and persuasive in both written and verbal communication at all levels and is able to ensure that advice regarding the technical specialism is acted upon.
* Excellent organiser of time and tasks.
* Has good listening, verbal, written and presentation skills
* Can demonstrate experience and knowledge of methods and techniques for assessing and managing risk, and implementing contingency arrangements to counter serious disruption of services.
* Proficient in project quality and risk management, coordination and planning.
* Has proven project and people management skills with knowledge of own organisation’s policy framework and management structures.
* Demonstrates the special leadership skills needed to handle innovation and change resulting from the implementation of new information and communications technology solutions.
* Is expert in the methods and techniques for eliciting the context of use, user needs, analysing context of use and generating user requirements
* Has the personal presence and track record to communicate effectively and command respect from staff at all levels.
* Has worked in a large diverse organisation with a range of different IT skills
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.