IT Desktop Technician – 5159911766582
Tyne and Wear
IT Desktop Technician – £11.15 per hour umbrella – South Shields – 6 Month Contract Initially
Our client is a large public sector organisation who requires an IT Desktop Technician to provide IT Support to assist the Desktop Support Team in providing efficient, reliable and cost effective end-user devices, adhering to appropriate standards and procedures, ensuring that performance targets are met, operated to defined service level agreements, maintained to the highest levels of customer satisfaction, and ensuring the team work effectively with partners to deliver the work programme.
* Install, configure and test end-user hardware, software and network systems.
* Provide technical support to users in respect of end-user device hardware, software and network systems.
* Provide advice, guidance, training and support to users in the use of end-user hardware, software and network systems.
* Assist with the installation and support of data and voice systems, as required.
* Produce and maintain relevant administrative records and documentation.
* Good working knowledge of MS Windows 7/8.1/10 and MS Office 2010 and Office 365 products
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Good desktop operating system diagnostic capabilities
* Able to work effectively both individually and as part of a team
* Understand the importance of SLAs
* Flexible approach to work
* Committed to the principles of equality and diversity
* experience in a similar role
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.