IT Business Analyst and Developer
IT Business Analyst and Developer – Walthamstow – 3 Month Contract – £300.00 per day (inside IR35, Umbrella) – start date July.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a IT Business Analyst and Developer in Walthamstow in order to accelerate the development of data analysis and reporting in Microsoft Power BI.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
* Engage with key stakeholders, service managers and other members of the service
* to identify data reporting and visualisation requirements.
* Use available BI tools (e.g. Excel, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, SQL, SSRS, Power BI) to develop reporting solutions to manage, access and use the data available in the Council’s business applications and databases.
* Work with other members of the BI service to test new reports and dashboards and transfer into ‘business as usual’ practice within the team.
* Use specialist knowledge and techniques to identify problems with the quality of recorded data and develop solutions which enable these to be addressed.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
* Power BI. The focus of the work required will be in developing queries, data models and measures for use in Power BI, more than producing end-user reports and data visualisation. Extensive experience and expertise in Power Query (M), DAX and data modelling in Power BI is therefore essential.
* Relational databases and developing queries in SQL.
* Local authority services, systems and databases, including for social care, environment and/or regulatory services.
* SAP Business Object.
36 hours per week. Full time, Monday – Friday
Additional checks will be required on application.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.