IT Apps Support Engineer
£250 to £275
I am looking for an IT Apps Support Engineer for a 4 month contract with the view to extend, this is based in Portishead. This is paying between £250 and £275 a day via umbrella. The role is inside ir35.
1. To take responsibility for the overall administration of defined operational and/or support systems so as to ensure minimum interruption to service
2. To take responsibility for the administration of defined software systems, databases and servers including the monitoring of performance and security taking prompt corrective and remedial action where required within the parameters of external third party supplier contracts.
3. To carry out planned/routine maintenance to defined software systems, databases and servers according to pre-defined schedules
4. To define and compile appropriate maintenance schedules for defined software systems, databases and servers
5. To carry out the installation and upgrade of defined software systems, databases and servers
6. To take responsibility for the investigation, diagnosis and rectification of faults, where necessary referring problems to third party providers with whom a service contract exists.
7. As a member of a team, participate in and contribute to team briefings and activities including the passing on of technical knowledge and the mentoring of less experienced staff.
8. To liaise with third party software and hardware providers where necessary in order to ensure service level provision as defined in the appropriate suppliers’ contract is met.
9. To assist with the scheduling of work and to provide input into the call-out roster, liaising with users where appropriate.
10. To assist with the maintenance and development of technical documentation to Force standards.
An IT Apps Support Engineer is required with the following skills:
* Understand the technical principles and concepts used around Application Architectures
* MS Server
* IIS/Web Technologies
* Active Directory
* MS Windows Operating Systems
* Ability to think and act proactively and analytically
* General understanding of Network infrastructure
* Cloud experience
* Working knowledge of SCCM
* Able to resolve tickets on all systems
* Review incident logs to perform trend analysis
* Provides technical consultancy for configuration management work across the application estate
* Continually seek enhancements and improvements to the core Application Support BAU processes and validate suggested improvements
* Document procedures for applications
* Provides appropriate status and other reports to specialists, users and managers
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.