£350 to £400
IQA Assessor – 6 Month Contract – £350-£400 a day Umbrella Inside IR35 (Rate Negotiable) – Milton Keynes
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an IQA Assessor to join the team of a public sector organisation within Milton Keynes.
Purpose of the role:
To monitor Practice Tutor assessment practice in order to ensure that assessment decisions meet the requirements of the standards for SLMDA and CMDA.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
* Plan and prepare monitoring activities according to the requirements of the IQA procedure.
* Review Practice Tutor assessment decisions and feedback regarding portfolio evidence. Check that decisions are made using specified criteria and that feedback follows best practice principles.
* Analyse Practice Tutors’ assessment capabilities and potential in the context of their objectives and other requirements/requirements of the standard(s).
* Provide Practice Tutors with feedback, advice and support to help them maintain and improve their assessment practice.
* Compare Practice Tutor (assessor) decisions to ensure they are consistent.
* Work with Practice Tutors and learners to ensure the standardisation of assessment practice and outcomes.
* Chair and minute standardisation and qualification specific assessor meetings as appropriate.
* Liaise with Practice Tutors and Student Experience Managers (SEMs) to support apprentices at risk of failing to achieve required level of portfolio evidence (both quality and quantity) against the CMDA/SLMDA standard criteria requirements to progress to EPA gateway.
* Liaise with qualification team to regularly update on progress.
* Follow agreed procedures when there are significant concerns about the quality of assessment.
* Follow agreed procedures for the recording, storing and reporting and confidentiality of information.
* Support delivery of skills development training sessions for Practice Tutors to enable them to communicate EPA requirements to employers/apprentices on an ongoing basis.
* Liaise with key stakeholders across the organisation, such as Student Experience Managers, E-Portfolio manager in Business Development Unit (BDU), CMDA and SLMDA Qualification teams, EPA Coordinator and other Apprenticeship Operations Delivery Team colleagues.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
* A degree or equivalent qualification in a business subject.
* Sound knowledge and understanding of apprenticeship standards and end point assessments, including the CMDA and SLMDA standards.
* A relevant Assessor and/or Verifier Qualification and experience as an Assessor of work-based competencies in the workplace. (Relevant qualifications include: A1, V1, TAQA, CAVA, or D32, D33). A relevant assessor qualification is essential, a verifier qualification is desirable.
* Experience of successfully assessing evidence against apprenticeship standards including higher level apprenticeship programmes in relevant subject areas/business.
* Relevant practical experience of using online / e-portfolio tools to support students achieve WBL learning goals and assess learners against apprenticeship standards (experience of using OneFile an advantage).