Internal Communications Manager
Internal Communications Manager – Permanent – Remote/ London/ Birmingham/ Cardiff/ Manchester – £31,240 (London Allowance – £2,634)
We are looking for an Internal Communications Manager for a client of ours with offices in the above locations. This role is vital for delivering improved employee awareness and understanding of the connection between their roles and the larger organisation. Communicating during emergency events and could involve working outside normal core hours.
This will be a home working role with occassional days at any of the above offices.
* You will have a real passion for providing a firstclass internal communications service, always looking for new innovative ways to reach out to your audience and keeping up to date with industry trends.
* Your communications will help drive the cultural shift underway of plain English, two way communication which enables employees’ to speak up and be heard.
* You will be our internal campaigns- gathering audience insight, liaising with internal stakeholders, devising and implementing communication plans, and delivering creative content across a range of channels.
* You will act as a senior advisor to functions and teams in how to get the most out of their audience, acting as the subject matter expert in writing for an internal audience.
* You will partner with corporate communications colleagues to deliver aligned and consistent communications, across internal, external, stakeholders and division building relationships and insight into our organisation.
* You will play a pivotal role in the roll out and adoption of Yammer as our main twoway communications tool, working with leaders to understand the value of engagement on this channel. Ensuring Yammer forms an integral part of our internal campaigns, gathering audience insight and engagement levels.
* You will be our communications lead for diversity and inclusion within, helping to build a truly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where our people feel valued and able to bring their whole selves to work.
* You will be accountable for the internal communications section of the new knowledge hub that promotes the team and our ways of working. You will support the roll out of the new intranet, devising and executing a campaign to launch and encourage adoption.
* You will cover the Head of Internal Communications as needed for emergency and gold events, such as the ongoing Covid crisis, ensuring that employees are provided with swift, clear to understand advice on what they need to know to do their roles and keep themselves and colleagues safe. This may include drafting papers for Gold, briefing notes for senior calls, scripts for videos for senior officers and messages and speeches for COG members.
* You will play an integral role in our internal communications team, adapting to the organisational needs and leading on projects as they arise.
* Internal Communication Experience
* Able to produce written content for an internal audience to an extremely high standard.
* An effective, innovative and creative verbal and nonverbal communicator The ability to translate
* complex information into simple, engaging and human centred language.
* Politically aware and astute, demonstrates the ability to make decisions and give advice to stakeholders within the context of the whole organisation and the external environment.
* Proven experience of effectively using a multimedia approach to target and engage with different audiences.
* Ability to work in a busy and highpressure environment and to tight deadlines – managing multiple projects and stakeholders with the ability to prioritise A strategic and practical thinker.
* Able to work as an individual or part of a team.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.