Interim Head of Communications & External Affairs
Interim Head of Communications & External Affairs – Telford (currently WFH) – Initial 3 Month Contract – £28ph Umbrella (Inside IR35) negotiable
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Comms & External Affairs to join the team of a public sector organisation based Telford but currently working from home.
The head of corporate communications and external affairs will act as the service delivery manager for a newly restructured team. Collectively they will have responsibility for ensuring communities, service users and wider stakeholders receive timely and appropriate information about the organisations activities and will manage their reputation at a local, regional and national level.
The post holder will report to the assistant director of communications and external affairs, driving quality and creative outputs. They will work to position organisation as an ambitious and innovative place that delivers excellent services.
They will also work in partnerships, where appropriate, to establish a strong narrative for the organisation so that it is recognised as an attractive place to invest and do business.
The post holder will work with colleagues across the organisation to ensure there is planned, effective and consistent employee engagement.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
* Substantial and demonstrable knowledge and experience in corporate communications at a senior management level within a large multi-faceted organisation such as the public sector.
* Wide-ranging knowledge of the national, regional and local policy and financial context in which the public sector operates.
* Ability to devise and implement appropriate strategies, identify problems and analyse information, explore and establish key issues and to use sound judgment to reach informed solutions.
* Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering communications and marketing strategies.
* Substantial evidence of identifying new approaches and implementing improvement and change processes and activities which have had a measurable impact on service delivery.
For further information and to apply then please contact Deanna at STR on 02392322381 and email a copy of your most recent CV to email@example.com
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.