Interim Finance Business Partner
£500 to £550
Interim Finance Business Partner
Birmingham, Remote | £500 Day Umbrella | Initial 3 Month Contract | Full-Time | Start ASAP
We are supporting the UK’s largest rail infrastructure programme in the recruitment of a Finance Business Partner to join them on a contract basis. This role will run from their Snow Hill offices in Birmingham with hybrid working pattern of 3 days office, 2 days home.
The Finance Business Partner will provide both assurance and challenge to the Area Delivery Managers, and their team, in relation to the financial elements of their project plan, value for money and corporate governance. As Finance Business Partner, you will be responsible for the following;
Corporate Governance/ Managing Public Money
* Provides guidance on the application of governance within area.
* Acting as the Chief Financial Officers Representative at monthly review meetings.
* Review and Financial Endorsement of Change and Investment Papers, challenging all risks/ opportunities/ programme impacts are clearly identified and any associated costs recorded.
* Representative on Investment change panels
* Providing assurance to the Programme Director (PD) that reported expenditure and contract payments are appropriate.
IFRS Accounting / National Audit Office:
* Provides input to development of Policies and Enterprise Reporting and Planning development
* Provides guidance on appropriate IFRS accounting treatment of transactions (prepayment / accruals/ liabilities)
* Provides justification and supporting evidence of accounting adjustments to NAO Auditors as required.
Financial Reporting/ Month/ Year end
* Oversee the month end financial accounts close
* Prepare the accounts and plan for year-end audit
* Complete monthly analytics of contract spend and accruals held and challenge budget holders
* Provide budget variance commentary
* Review and assures Programme Board packs
* Review and challenges emerging forecasts and monitors against Spending Review (SR) funding.
* Proposes remedial actions to Area PD / Phase as required
* Works with Contractor’s Finance leads and commercial teams to improve Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP) and cash flow data
* Develop Cashflow forecast reporting for governing bodies, challenging the supply chain submissions.
* Leads Business Planning and forecasting process, providing guidance on planning principles and expectations as provided by company business planning.
* Provides assurance to the Area (PD) that data provided by cost management / commercial is reliable
* Supports (PD) in determining the appropriate disaggregation and delegations to Sectors / Contracts
* Facilitate system changes required and reporting requirements for Budget management
Workforce Costs & Indirect
* Provides Workforce Actual costs and forecast information to inform programme cost estimates
* Challenges budget holders to achieve workforce objectives and optimise resources.
Land & Property
* Works with Land & Property and Sector teams to determine most effective use of budget (L&P & Programme) understanding the consequence on schedule / spend profiles.
* Develop reporting on Access and Acquisition payments, build a 90 day pipeline
* CCAB Qualified Accountant – ACA, CIMA, CIPFA
* Experience using SAP/Oracle Accounting Systems
* Experience working as a FBP in a project environment
* Rail/Local Government background advantageous
Wish to apply or have further questions?
Please send a copy of your up-to-date CV to Anna Curtis at STR Group
Phone: 02392 315073
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.