Interim Briefings, Correspondence and FOI Adviser
£200 to £300
I have a 6 month contract for a Briefings, Correspondence & FOI Adviser to be based in Central London (By Euston station). This is paying between £200 and £300 a day via umbrella, and the role is inside ir35.
To provide a response service for parliamentary and senior stakeholder correspondence and Parliamentary Questions.
To co-ordinate and support the preparation of appropriate responses to requests for information made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 to ensure the client complies with its statutory requirements.
To support the delivery of public affairs and stakeholder engagement strategies, consistent with the wider corporate affairs programme, including supporting colleagues in arranging and undertaking engagement activities and providing appropriate briefing materials.
* Communications skills, particularly drafting responses to enquiries
* Stakeholder management, influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to adapt to different audiences and deal with difficult customers/stakeholders
* Analytical skills, including the ability to collate, interpret and present information in a coherent and meaningful way
* Organisational and planning skills, with the ability to coordinate and respond to multiple customer or stakeholder enquiries within specified timescales
* Ability to handle confidential information sensitively and discretely
* Ability to produce results under pressure
* Political awareness and understanding
* Knowledge of the planning and parliamentary process
* Knowledge of the FOI Act (2000) and EIR (2004)
* Knowledge of corporate communications, community engagement, internal communications, social media, PR and media relations
* Understanding of government communications processes and UK Parliament process
* Understanding of customer relationship management (CRM) databases
* Understanding of methods for engaging with politicians at a national and local level
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes, especially Excel
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
* Experience of managing briefings and correspondence to senior stakeholders and information requests to meet statutory requirements
* Experience in co-ordinating and responding to multiple customer or stakeholder enquiries in a timely manner
* Experience of working with financial, policy and technical concepts to deliver accessible and accurate briefings and correspondence
* Experience in handling FOI/EIR requests (and the requirements of the FOI Act 2000 and EIR 2004
* Experience in processing or handling sensitive data and enquiries
* Experience in developing persuasive content for use across a range of communications channels
* Experience in working with or for publicly funded organisations (e.g. a central government department)
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.