Information Security Officer
Information Security Officer – Derby – 3 Month contract – £22.00 per hour (inside IR35, Umbrella) – start date mid-September.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Information Security Officer in Derby to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to protect the security, confidentiality, integrity and availability of information. The post holder will be expected to work closely with other security roles to cover the broad scope of corporate security assurance – physical, procedural and technical.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
* To promote information security practices throughout the company. To develop and deliver information security awareness training to motivate employees to make compliance and information security an inherent part of the corporate culture.
* To develop and maintain Information Security policies and procedures.
* To conduct Information Security related audits and assist with any other Information Security tasks necessary to prevent the unauthorised use, release, modification or destruction of data.
* Recommend and implement changes in security policies and practices in accordance with changes in regulatory compliance.
* Manage information security incident reporting process ensuring that incidents are recognised, properly investigated and recorded and that lessons are learned. To lead on investigations and liaise with third parties, including the Information Commissioners Office, when required.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
* Detailed knowledge and practical understanding of legislation, regulation, policies, procedures and standards for information management
* Practical knowledge of information security principles and best practice.
* Experience of successfully developing and delivering security awareness training to staff at different levels of an organisation.
* Experience in managing information security risks and investigating and reporting on incidents.
* Experience of conducting Privacy Impact Assessments.
* Relevant Information Security qualification.
* Knowledge and awareness of the Equality Act 2010 and how it applies to this job.
37 hours per week. Full time, Monday – Friday
Additional checks will be required on application.
If you are experienced in this field and are interested in this contract.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.