Information Governance Assistant
I have a 6 month contract for an Information Governance Assistant. This role is paying £14 per hour (LTD – outside ir35) and based in Watford.
What is the role?
* To support the Data Protection Officer in dealing with data protection queries. A key aspect of the role is to coordinate a number of administrative actions relating to progressing audit actions and maintaining a number of different documents
* Provide advice and recommendations to colleagues across the organisation with respect to compliance with applicable legislation and regulations concerning the governance, its application and interpretation of our operations, management and maintenance of data, information or records, and provision of access to this.
* Respond to day to day queries from across the business, including directing staff to policies or templates and also responding to other general queries relating to data protection and AfC policies.
* Maintain organisational policies and procedures, guidance notes, templates and training relating to information governance, and to promote awareness and good data protection practice at all levels of the organisation.
* Supporting records management enabling compliance with the Charity’s policy and retention schedule and to log, manage and draft responses to requests from data subjects exercising their rights using standardised templates.
* Process and manage actions in relation to data incidents and ensure they are understood, tracked and completed, including preparation of reports in relation to data governance including trends and the number of subject access requests and incidents.
* Work with the Data Protection Officer to investigate breaches of statutory duties or of Action for Children’s policies relating to information governance and compile reports of incidents as directed by the Information Governance Officer.
What will you need?
* Experience of acting as an initial point of contact and dealing with a range of written and verbal queries, advising on policies and processes to a wide range of audiences.
* Basic level of knowledge of the legal frameworks applicable to information governance (including Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation).
* Good Microsoft skills including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and SharePoint and strong analytical skills.
* Be able to provide general advice on compliance and escalate issues
* Great at records management, maintaining large volumes of data and accurately input data.
* The ability to work as part of a virtual team, cross-functionally and work independently with minimum supervision
* Strong co-ordination and time management skills
Information governance knowledge
Cross functioning working with different teams
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.