ICT Desktop Technician
ICT Desktop Technician – Shrewsbury – Initial 4 Month Contract – £15ph Umbrella (Inside IR35)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for 2 ICT Desktop Technicians to join the team on a public sector organisation based in Shrewsbury.
* Provide 2nd line technical support and work closely with the ICT Service Desk Analysts to provide excellent ICT support to customers.
* Perform computer hardware and software installation and testing on behalf of users.
* Assist in support of the local and wide area data and communication networks including hubs, routers, data switches, structural cabling and telephony
* Plan on-site visits as required in order to provide a technical support service to customers.
* Troubleshooting and fault repair on computers and peripherals.
* Provide support for network patching within supported sites.
* Management of user accounts through several different tools, including Active Directory (AD) and Office365 Admin Centre.
* Manage all reported Incidents, Requests, Problems and Changes in line with established ITIL based processes via our Service Management solution (Ivanti).
* Maintain a detailed understanding of the different technologies in use in the team (such as SCCM, Snow, Ivanti, InTune, Bomgar, Redstor, JAMF).
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
* Proven experience in a support role for IT systems and networks.
* A comprehensive and wide knowledge of ICT including: Microsoft Windows desktop operating system, Network administration, Peripheral support.
* Sound understanding of ICT security concepts and issues.
* Experience and interest in giving excellent customer service.
* Experience of working in a local government setting (desirable).
A current DBS will be required for this role.
For further information and to apply then please contact Deanna at STR on 02392322381 and email a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.