£18 to £19
HR Specialist – Dudley- 3 Month Contract – £18.00 per hour (Inside IR35, Umbrella) – start date 04/11/2019.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a HR Specialist in Dudley to support the HR team on their HR policies and support on specific project work with our schools. The role will be focussed on ensuring our policies are reviewed and developed to reflect changing legislative requirements and are fit for purpose.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
* Engage with schools and academies, as well as the council HR team and service leads from across the council in order to support the development of policies.
* Review of our internal template letters and policy and associated resources to strengthen the consistency and quality of the provision of the service.
* Support on operational case work if the demands of the service necessitate such as absence, grievance, disciplinary, restructuring, TUPE, development and delivery of subject knowledge training.
* Provide a professional solution focused human resource service and provide complex advice and guidance to all our customers such as governors, board of directors, head teachers on a wide range of people management issues, grievance, disciplinary, absence, performance management and related employment matters.
* Advising and supporting all customers on a variety of complex HR case work to deliver best practice and provide a customer focused solution/outcome.
* Support and work with colleagues across the Division and the Council in the development and delivery of policies and procedures, strategies, transactional and operational priorities and aspects of corporate projects. Additionally provide HR advice on gross misconduct and misconduct disciplinary, grievance and capability panels to ensure a consistent high standard and fair process is provided.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
* Experience of liaising with trade unions is required along with a sound legislative knowledge.
* Experience of providing a range of Human Resource and OD Services at both strategic and operational levels.
* Experience of assisting managers through change with an understanding of the business and implications involved, then of providing practical HR support.
* Thorough knowledge of employment legislation and experience of interpreting this to support the business Chartered Member of the Institute of Personnel & Development (MICIPD).
* Experience of advising on all levels of disciplinary investigations, presentation of cases as well as advising panels.
37 Hours per week.
Additional checks will be required on application.
If you are experienced in this field and are interested in this contract, please apply now!
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.