HR Consultant – Rotherham (WFH considered) – Initial 3 Month Contact – £17ph Umbrella (Inside IR35)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a HR Consultant to join the team of a public sector organisation based in Rotherham.
Remote working considered.
Key Role Objective:
The post holder will provide Human Resources support and day to day advice and guidance on the interpretation and application of policies in respect of HR issues and employment law to managers and employees ensuring that policies and procedures are followed appropriately.
Key Duties/Areas of Responsibility:
1 Provide technical and professional advice to the service and its customers
2 Lead research, special investigations and service improvement projects or support others in project work, including performance management, contract management of providers and ensuring delivery is within the allocated budgets
3 Co-ordinate the day to day administration of the service and projects including managing the timetable, record keeping, document maintenance and development
4 Ensure actions from projects are rolled out successfully, this will include checking quality and auditing of processes if relevant
5 Monitor a budget with considerable expenditures
6 Lead and manage a small group or team including planning workloads
7 Carry out research, analysis and interpretation of different types of information from a variety of sources, produce management information and prepare reports
8 Produce action plans and work programmes and assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
9 Organise and chair meetings, focus groups and working groups, both internal and external, monitoring the delivery of arising actions
10 Promote good working relationships with customers, internal colleagues, other local authorities, outside agencies and the private sector related to the organisational improvement agenda
11 Present formal and informal reports to all levels of management, including recommendations for improvement or future action
12 Administer contracts, including certification of applications for payment, issue of instructions, monitoring and control of project expenditure, and issue of certificates of practical completion
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
* Level 5 Chartered Institute of Professional Development or equivalent
* Working in a technical HR role, providing advisory/regulatory advice within a customer-focused service delivery organisation, interpreting and applying HR policies and procedures
* Experience in the provision of both general operational HR/Payroll advice and guidance to managers and/or staff
* Up to date knowledge and understanding of employment legislation
* Carrying out research, analysis and producing the relevant reports/action plans
* Reviewing and revising business processes and implementing new ways of working
* Using a range of computer applications and ICT including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, internet and e-mail
For further information and to apply then please contact Deanna at STR on 02392322381 and email a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.