HR Assistant 5161054
Our client is looking for HR Assistant to join their team on a 3 month contract in the West Berkshire area.
* To provide an HR support function to ensure the smooth operation of the HR service to corporate managers and schools.
* To learn a wide range of work practices to become multi-skilled across the whole HR range of functions.
* To undertake routine administrative and clerical activities across all HR activities as required by email, telephone and face to face.
* To contribute to the continuous improvement of HR services by participating in training, contributing ideas and supporting effective teamwork.
* To support HR Officers in achieving service aims and objectives; including assisting in writing work procedures.
* To advise managers and headteachers on HR issues, referring to HR officers as necessary.
* To represent the council at events, and co-facilitate training and workshops.
Undertake duties supporting the use of the HR Information System and other databases to administer training, recruitment, employee relations and customer/manager/school queries.
To be responsible for processing and maintaining the records relating to new starters, variations to existing contracts and changes to the organisational establishment using the HR information system for both corporate and schools employees
Undertake duties supporting the recruitment function primarily using an online Applicant Tracking System and provide advice to managers/headteachers regarding appropriate selection activities, including facilitating or assisting with assessment centres and interviews.
Support the Strategy & Operations Team by taking notes of meetings; arranging meetings; collating and distributing ‘bundles’ of documents; supporting case work and any other associated duties.
The role will be working Monday to Friday but there is also another role that can be working 3 days a week if someone was looking for part time work.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.