HR Assistant –
Snow Hill – Birmingham, Remote | £250 Day Umbrella | Initial 3 Month Contract | Start ASAP
We are supporting one of the UK’s largest rail infrastructure programmes in recruiting an interim HR Assistant to join them on an initial 3 month contract until 31st March 2021. This position will see you support the wider HR Function with their day-to-day HR activities, as well as end-to-end employee lifecycle administration.
* Provide ‘first-line’ advice to line managers and employees in the application of HR policies and procedures, including but not limited to recruitment, probation, right to work, leave and performance management. Resolve queries as promptly as possible.
* Delivery of HR services in a professional and customer focused way to support a positive employee experience that builds HR’s brand and reputation including referring complex cases to the appropriate HR team member
* Respond to all queries received including via the HR Shared Services inbox and progress in line with the agreed KPIs and SLAs.
* Update and manage the content of the e-recruitment system and recruitment administration activity for all permanent, fixed term, temporary/interim and secondment recruitment, including checking for newly approved requisitions and ensuring all key data is completed.
* Provide administrative assistance to Resourcing Specialists including co-ordinating interviews / assessments and preparing interview packs.
* Manage the on-boarding process for all candidates – including creating offer letters and contracts, induction arrangements, building access and reference checking along with all associated pre-employment checks.
* Responsible for setting up all new hires on the benefits systems and being the first point of contact for employee queries.
* Process HR transactional activities including promotions, allowances, starter/leavers and payroll matters, to ensure smooth running and adherence to key business SLAs.
* Update the company’s HR systems including reward and personal detail changes, ensuring timely and accurate data entry and submissions to payroll.
* Manage HR documentation confidentially and professionally in-line with the data protection act, maintaining integrity of electronic/hard copy files and document storage and complying with audit requests.
Qualifications & Skills Required
* Part Qualified CIPD Level 3 or HRM Level 5 and above
* Understanding of HR Data & Systems
* Experience working in a multi-disciplined HR function managing multiple stakeholders and competing priorities
* Understanding of UK Employment Law and its application including recent changes
Further Role Information
* Hybrid role – 3 days in office in Snow Hill, 2 days at home.
* Interviews to be held – Monday 17th Jan 2022
* Ideal Start Date – Monday 7th February 2022
Wish to apply?
Contact Anna at STR Group with a fully up-to-date CV on the details below
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.