Tyne and Wear
HR Advisor – Sunderland – 3 Month Contract – £17.18ph umbrella
Our client is a large public sector organisation who requires a HR Advisor to contribute to the delivery of an effective HR & OD Service by developing key relationships between the service and clients and providing specialist advice on case management, organisational review and policy.
* To provide advice, guidance, support and challenge to managers, colleagues, internal and external customers, employees and partner organisations on HR Policy and development, case management and re-organisations, to support resolution of HR issues.
* Receive and respond to customer issues within the specialist area, and provide advice on HR issues, some of which can be complex.
* Some negotiation may be involved when working on projects or pieces of work, as required (for example with trade unions on proposals, or service managers, or employees), in order to achieve an acceptable outcome
* When required to give evidence at employment tribunal on occasion, or advise directly at hearings or appeals, in order to assist in ensuring matters are dealt with in line with HR policies, and to seek resolution of HR issues.
* To produce HR policies which meet legislative requirements and organisational objectives.
* Development and delivery of specialist HR training to Company/Schools.
* Understand and assess the service requirements of customers, in order to provide input into work plans and setting of objectives, and contribute towards ensuring effective service delivery.
* Supporting the development of new and existing members of staff, in order to share knowledge and experience. Promoting the adherence to the Company Induction Policy.
* Contribute to plans and strategies for service improvement (e.g. SAP optimisation).
* Working with the Assistant HR Manager in the delivery of the Recruitment & Retention strategy
* Ensuring the maintenance of effective establishment control processes; enabling the reporting of accurate HR data to inform KPIs.
* Participating in the roll-out of an internal ‘HR Knowledge Zone’, ensuring that HR colleagues are kept abreast of the latest development/changes impacting on HR service delivery.
* Contribute to the review of the Company HR offer (SLAs) to meet Service/School requirements; ensuring value for money and maximising income. Developing a clear process for annual review/promotion and marketing of the Company HR offer.
* Assist in the monitoring and auditing of conformance with policy, procedures and management system requirements.
To apply for this opportunity please email your CV to Laura at email@example.com
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.