HR Advisor – 100208521113978
Tyne and Wear
Human Resources Advisor – South Shields – £17.51 per hour umbrella – Immediate start, contract to be reviewed on a monthly basis
Our client is a large public sector organisation who requires a HR Advisor to advise on the application and implementation of all appropriate employee related policies, procedures and documentation and offer advice on the most complex, contentious and sensitive employment related issues to employees, managers, Heads of Service, Corporate Directors within all their services.
* Ensure current best practice is reflected in decision making, including assisting and advising line managers, Heads of Service and Corporate Directors, on disciplinary and grievance matters, recruitment and selection, performance management organisational change and workforce planning.
* Support employees, managers, Heads of Service and Corporate Directors on the implementation of the organisation’s procedures and robust management of absence, including issues of capability, ill health and medical redeployment to ensure that sickness absence reduction targets are achieved within the service.
* Co-ordinate, develop and provide appropriate training in respect of employment related issues.
* Provide advice and guidance following a solution focussed approach in all areas of responsibility and make considered recommendations to the organisation where necessary.
* Promote a customer focussed and team based culture which identifies, communicates and addresses customer needs.
* Significant experience in advising managers on a variety of HR related areas e.g. employee relations and employee resourcing
* Experience of working in partnership with Trade Unions
* Experience of performance and data management and statistical reporting
* Experience of managing employee resourcing, employee relations and/or employee reward issues
* Experience of performance management techniques
* Experience of designing and delivering training
* Experience of advising on Local Government Terms and Conditions.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.