£18 to £20
HR Administrator – Contract – London
STR Group are working on behalf of a large public sector organisation who are looking to recruit a HR Administrator on a contract basis.
The main purpose of the role is to provide pro-active and reactive HR advice and support to employees, line managers and the HR team. To resolve queries and issues on a range of HR topics, providing and implementing practicable solutions in line with HR processes.
To provide full support to the Head of HR in relation to HR administration. To work within areas of own expertise, reviewing working practices and implementing continuous improvements for the benefit of the department and Company. This is a broad HR role and as such your remit will include employee relations, performance, compensation and benefits as well as organisation-wide HR projects but with a strong bias to transactional HR.
Duties will include:
* Work closely with the Head of HR during the pay and bonus review process.
* Provide guidance and knowledge to assist on negotiations with recognised trades unions and implement across the organisation.
* Work closely with the payroll manager and act as the main HR contact for all queries regarding payroll.
* Contribute to and support the implementation of people related projects in support of business objectives and the people plan.
* Act as the HR expert for pension issues and liaise with the pensions administrators to ensure compliance across the organisation.
Skills & Experience needed:
* Experience of working in an HR team
* Understands the importance of accuracy both in terms of advice provided and paperwork and records kept
* Strong administrative experience and comfortable with a varied and time driven workload
* Intermediate/ highly proficient with Excel and Word including formulas, creating reports, etc.
If you are interested in this position please apply or send your CV to