Housing Options Lead Officer
Customer Service and focus
* “It is of paramount importance that the Council’s objective of working within an engagement culture with its residents is realised. This objective is multifaceted and includes community led scrutiny, audit and testing of decisions and service provision, and to ensure a greater level of information sharing, empowerment and engagement by residents. This will be achieved by employing a range of formal and informal methods to involve residents and it is the responsibility of every post holder in the Council to contribute to the development and sustainability of this ethos.”
* To work with customers to ensure that they are able to exercise maximum choice in the way in which the Council delivers services to their homes.
* To lead in the design and delivery of communication, consultation and engagement initiatives.
* Influences service strategy and development and keeps staff informed with information that affects them.
Strategy & Leadership
* To manage and lead the staff team in accordance with established policies and practices.
* To work with community organisations and other departments within the Council and outside agencies to develop strategies for service development and cohesion aiming, in particular, to engage socially excluded and disadvantaged groups.
Technical & Operations
* To assist the Group Manager for Community Housing with all aspects of service planning, strategic and policy support and administration as well as leading on team plans and reviews of the service, ensuring the implementation of initiatives to improve the options service.
* To provide active support and guidance to the Housing Options Team, ensuring that a high quality service is provided to customers, ensuring that performance meets and exceeds targets.
Commissioning is about achieving the right outcomes by deciding what service is needed, how it should be delivered, and which public, private or third sector organisation should deliver within effective use of resources.
* Has high performance expectations that are transferred into clear measurable targets and takes responsibility to ensure these are met and improved.
* Consistently achieves performance targets and celebrates success with team.
* Ensures ICT Strategy enhances and supports service objectives e.g. e-government, self service, and channel shift.
* Acts as database system champion/’super user’ for the team’s IT system/s and supports team members to fully utilise IT systems.
Knowledge, including educational qualifications
Extensive knowledge of current issues, policy and legislation relevant to the provision of the housing options service
Excellent knowledge of quality procedures and systems, performance issues and methods for delivering a public, customer focused service
A proven track record of managing a busy frontline team
Experience of managing staff within a public sector housing service or equivalent
Administer service budgets to ensure the efficient use of resources
For more information or to apply, send you CV to Kelvin on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 2392 322351
strgroup is acting