Housing Officer – 5145701
Housing Officer – Bournemouth – £16 ph umbrella – 12 Month Contract
Our client is a large public sector organisation who requires a Housing Officer to manage tenancies within general needs and category 1 independent senior living accommodation to ensure that tenancy conditions are adhered to and that advice is provided to tenants on issues relating to their tenancy.
* To deal with complaints of anti-social behaviour and take action in accordance with the anti-social behaviour procedure and best practice and to liaise with the ASB team, Police and other agencies when required.
* To support and encourage initiatives to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour.
* To identify issues affecting the management of neighbourhoods and to find solutions to resolve these e.g. car parking, use of communal areas, environmental improvements.
* To identify and receive reports of tenancy breaches including tenancy fraud and to provide advice and support to tenants to help them sustain their tenancies.
* To identify and monitor potential abuse of vulnerable residents and to take steps in accordance with safeguarding policies.
* To offer advice to tenants seeking alternative accommodation and to deal with requests for mutual exchanges.
* To attend neighbourhood inspections and to work with the Neighbourhood Inspections Officer to deal with any issues that are reported.
* To deal with any neighbourhood issues such as untaxed and abandoned vehicles, fly tipping, and graffiti.
* Experience of working in front-line housing management
* Thorough understanding of tenancy and leasehold management
* Knowledge of housing repairs and maintenance
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Able to deal with the public exercising tact and discretion
* Able to work on own initiative and as a member of a team
* Customer focused
* Able to identify basic repairs and remedies
* Able to visit residents in their own homes and attend site meetings
* Able to attend evening meetings when required
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.