Housing Officer – 1000547210609694
Tyne and Wear
Housing Officer – Gateshead – Contract until 26 April – £11.27ph Umbrella
Our client is a large public sector organisation who require a Housing Officer to deliver a comprehensive, customer focused and responsive tenancy and estate management service to sustain tenancies.
* Proactively manage a cross tenure patch of properties, including properties managed on behalf of other landlords, providing customer focused services in line with the company’s service standards and values.
* To become the key local contact for tenants, providing appropriate support and early intervention to sustain tenancies and maximise income.
* To work with vulnerable tenants, making appropriate referrals and liaising with partners and services to develop and monitor support plans. 4. Carry out a range of visits to ensure tenancies are sustained and properties are kept in good condition.
* To provide customers with appropriate housing advice and where necessary carry out home visits to assist the rehousing process; this includes visits to approve mutual exchanges and registration of transfers.
* To proactively manage and investigate reports of nuisance and ASB to prevent escalation. Take appropriate action in each case, working in partnership with other services and agencies to seek a positive resolution.
* To undertake reviews of fixed term and introductory tenancies.
* To provide a responsive estate management service to ensure a clean, safe and sustainable environment, reporting and tackling environmental issues daily.
* Carry out scheduled inspections to support and compliment the daily identification of issues on estates and communal areas.
* To liaise with customers, other services and a range of partners, on occasion this will mean working outside of normal working hours.
* To support other company services and where appropriate to contact tenants or gain access to homes to minimise repairing and other costs and maximise income in line with the Company’s priorities.
* To promote range of customer involvement opportunities and undertake appropriate consultation exercises around the delivery of housing management services.
* To be responsible for managing priorities and achieving key performance targets in line with the Company’s performance indicators and service standards and those agreed at the annual appraisal.
* To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
* Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
To apply for this opportunity please email your CV to Laura at email@example.com
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.