Head of Strategic Communication and Campaigns – RQ412238
Head of Strategic Communication and Campaigns – £320 per day umbrella – 3 Month Contract – Walthamstow
Our client is a large public sector organisation who requires an experienced Head of Strategic Communications and Campaigns to lead, plan, develop and deliver an innovative and highly effective Strategic Communications and Campaigns service giving expert advice that will enhance service delivery.
* Plan and ensure service delivery within a complex / diverse service area. Control operational activities within the service area and ensure professional standards are delivered.
* Manage key relationships with delivery partners /providers /suppliers to commission / manage / evaluate / enhance appropriate service delivery / capacity within area of responsibility.
* Develops service plans to meet strategic business goals. Ensure compliance with all internal and external standards.
* To support the Director in leading, developing and delivering a first-class communications service with specific responsibility for Strategic Communications and Campaigns.
* To improve the reach of and further develop all of the their channels and make recommendations for other channels that can be bought or earned.
* To work closely with other heads of service to drive forward a campaign programme to support the delivery of their priorities.
* Substantial experience in planning and delivery of communications strategies and campaigns
* Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organisational skills with proven operational effectiveness
* Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications
* Experience of creating and managing budgets to deliver campaign outcomes
* Experience of providing high level advice and developing strategic approaches to complex issues in a political organisation.
* Experience of managing contracts from outside providers
* Knowledge of the workings of local government and the national and political environments, particularly Parliament and the civil service.
* Significant experience of working with senior stakeholders.
* Experience of managing change effectively across a service area.
* Significant experience of writing reports, briefings and other high level communications.
* Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, with high levels of sensitivity and judgment and the ability to influence outcomes effectively through persuasive argument.
* Robust, resilient, highly motivated and not easily discouraged.
* Ability to work flexibly in a pressurised political environment.
* Strong political awareness and understanding of political decision making process, with high level of political sensitivity including the ability to maintain political neutrality.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.