Head of PMO – RQ579079
Head of PMO – £631.65 per day umbrella – 3 Month Contract – Walthamstow
Our client is a large public sector organisation who requires a Head of Portfolio Management Office (PMO) to support the ongoing transformation of the authority and help enhance services to all residents and service users.
* As our Head of PMO, you will support the effective delivery of change across the authority
* You will be making sure that our Strategic Change portfolio is working within an effective change framework to enable the Management Board and key stakeholders to make decisions in an agile and timely fashion
* Be responsible for the monitoring and administering of their overarching portfolio of change
* Lead the identification, forecasting, procurement, development, deployment and reassignment of resources throughout the portfolio lifecycle
* Lead a team to follow the project and programme processes and standards to actively manage risks and issues and provide assurance
* Lead creation, analysis and assurance of portfolio reports
* Oversee tolerances, escalation triggers and investment gateways with programme and project teams
* Understand the different project and programme dependencies and effectively manage these relationships
* Understand and communicate their governance pathways, supporting the appropriate use of boards to ensure these are timely and effective
* Develop and implement a measurement framework to monitor continuous improvement
* Driven to improve public services, and who have a real passion for delivering change at pace in a dynamic environment.
* Has significant practical experience of setting up and managing strategic portfolio offices (PMOs)
* Ideally has experience of delivering PMO outcomes across both waterfall and agile methodologies with a good understanding of the complexities of project/programme delivery
* Enjoys taking ownership of issue resolution
* Has experience of outstanding stakeholder management, providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful portfolio outcomes
* Is able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
* Has experience of PMO governance set up and facilitation
* Has experience of capability measurement and improvement
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.