Head of Legal- Telecoms
Head of Legal- In house- Reading/Leamington Spa/Hybrid- £100,000pa
Ready to step up? Need a new challenge? We have an incredibly exciting opportunity to lead the inhouse Legal & Regulatory team at a time of huge change for our client base in the UK.
Reporting in to the Deputy MD of Shared Services with a dotted line in to the General Counsel of Legal & Regulatory Affairs you will have a team of five direct reports comprising 4 solicitors and a legal secretary.
The role will involve;
– advise on regulatory, litigation, data privacy, compliance, and other legal matters and lead your team in close collaboration with Commercial to craft competitive and legally astute bids for new public and private sector contract
-Support on data protection and compliance issues
-The provision of legal advice on any litigation or regulatory matters that may arise.
-Support on corporate matters and transactions to the extent that these involve the Legal Team
-Instructing and working alongside internal and external legal advisors
We are looking for a Qualified Solicitor or Barrister with substantial post qualification experience. You will have:
* Significant experience managing the provision of legal & regulatory services in an in-house or equivalent setting
* Previous experience within telecommunications
* Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
* A natural ability to exercise independent judgment and provide concise, commercially driven legal advice
* A desire and the capacity to assimilate the technical and commercial aspects of our business
* An excellent work ethic and proven ability to work efficiently under pressure on multiple projects.
* Experience of leading, developing and managing teams
For further information and to apply please contact Victoria at Insignis on 02392 322309 and email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.