£26 to £27
Bristol, Somerset | Initial 6 Month Contract | £200 Day/£26.67ph Umbrella | Full-Time | Hybrid Working Available
We are working with a large government sector organisation to support them in the recruitment of a Group Accountant on an interim basis of initially 6 months. As Group Accountant, you will be required to carry-out detailed analysis and financial modelling associated with Waste Service Proposals to inform the financial planning for future capital and revenue.
* Provide professional financial advice and information to support the development of budgets, financial plans, project plans and the review of policies and strategies.
* Provide advice and guidance to Senior Managers, Members, employing bodies, trustees and relevant committees on the financial implications of decisions and proposals, in order to help the business meet its objectives and statutory responsibilities.
* Develop relationships with Members, Directors, Managers and Partner representatives based on personal and professional credibility and be capable of delivering clear and concise presentations of financial information to ensure that the audience understands the financial aspects of key decisions.
* Prepare and proactively contribute to reports for Members, Directors and Managers clearly identifying the financial effects of policy and other corporate proposals on the delivery of services.
* Prepare and monitor the annual budget and capital programme, including regular review and forecasting, in compliance with the Budget Management Scheme, and produce financial monitoring reports for the specified Services. Ensure that optimum functional use is made of the AGRESSO financial system and that all budget managers are able to undertake basic enquiries to track their budget position.
* Ensure that subsidiary financial systems fully integrate with the ledger where these are independent and are regularly reconciled to ensure the integrity of accounting information
* Develop measures to assess risk within projects or budgets of high demand and cost volatility or where significant third party funding is provided
* Produce final accounts in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards including the production of disclosure notes and supplementary financial analysis
* CCAB Qualified Accountant with experience working within a busy finance function
* Local Authority or Public Sector background with an understanding of financial systems such as Agreeso
* Strong communicator both written and oral, able to speak with non-financial employees and explain financial data in a clear and understanding way
Wish to Apply?
Get in contact with Anna at STR Group Services, by emailing an up-to-date CV in application today!
Tel: 02392 315 073
Due to receiving a high number of applications to our opportunities, we are not always able to contact all applicants with feedback. If you do not hear from us in 5 working days from application, please conclude you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.