Bath and North East Somerset
Somerset | £25ph Umbrella | Full-Time | 3 Month Contract | Start ASAP
We are currently seeking a Group Accountant to join a large public sector organisation based in Bath, Somerset on an interim contract of an initial 3 months. Along with a team of 5 other Group Accountants you will support the delivery of the capital programme reporting within the business.
* Prepare and monitor the capital programme, including regular review and forecasting, in compliance with the Budget Management Scheme, and produce financial monitoring reports for the specified Services. Ensure that optimum functional use is made of the financial system and that all budget managers can undertake basic enquiries to track their budget position.
* Ensure that subsidiary financial systems fully integrate with the ledger where these are independent and are regularly reconciled to ensure the integrity of accounting information
* Develop measures to assess risk within projects or budgets of high demand and cost volatility or where significant third party funding is provided
* Produce final accounts in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards including the production of disclosure notes and supplementary financial analysis
* Provide leadership, direction and professional standards for finance staff working within the services supported, ensuring that they contribute to the delivery of an effective finance service
* Prepare and monitor all relevant grant applications, claims and returns in consultation with relevant services and Government departments ensuring full compliance with all statutory and other requirements and respond to queries on behalf of the Service.
Qualifications & Skills
* Qualification – CCAB, ACCA. ACA, CIMA, MAAT.
* Previous experience working within an accountancy role within the public sector
* Knowledge of Agresso/ Oracle systems beneficial for this role.
Wish to apply?
Get in contact with Anna at STR Group Services, by emailing an up-to-date CV in application today!
Tel: 02392 315 073
Due to receiving a high number of applications to our opportunities, we are not always able to contact all applicants with feedback. If you do not hear from us in 5 working days from application, please conclude you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.