Wembley, London | £16ph Umbrella | Full-Time | 2 Month Contract | Start ASAP
We are currently seeking a Grants Officer to join a large public sector organisation based in Wembley, London on an interim contract of an initial 2 months.
* Assess and process applications for business grants and request further evidence in order to determine entitlement
* Analyse information provided alongside the application form including supporting documents and assess requirements for further evidence
* Interpret and assimilate information, analyse conflicting sources of information and make sound reasoned decisions based upon them
* Carry out due diligence when awarding grants, checking to verify information with Companies house, other organisations and information held on the Business Rates system and other checks that may be required for audit.
* Identify creative solutions to problems and use own judgement to determine an appropriate course of action.
* Make detailed and accurate notes on the Dynamics database regarding each assessment
* To advise applicants on the progress of the grant application and offering basic advice on relevant procedures.
* Liaise with investigation team or Internal Audit, if there is a suspicion of fraudulent activity.
* To ensure that all responsibilities undertaken with regards to the processing of grant applications are carried out within efficient timescales.
* To maintain an up to date knowledge of any changes to the Business Grant policies and procedures.
* Highlighting complex cases and identified fraudulent cases to the Team Leader.
* Maintaining professional communications when liaising with external partners and responding to customers via email and telephone.
* Dealing with sensitive information in a highly confidential manner at all times.
* Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and well-being of children and vulnerable adults
Qualifications & Skills
* Background in the public sector or local authority
* Experience of working in an information sensitive environment
* Competent in IT Systems including Microsoft programmes (excel, outlook, word)
Wish to apply?
Get in contact with Anna at STR Group Services, by emailing an up-to-date CV in application today!
Tel: 02392 315 073
Due to receiving a high number of applications to our opportunities, we are not always able to contact all applicants with feedback. If you do not hear from us in 5 working days from application, please conclude you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.