Governance and Change Advisor
£33,850 to £42,350
Governance and Change Advisor – London – £33,850 – £42,350 per annum + 20% Flex Fund – Permanent
Our client is looking for a Governance and Change Advisor to join them on a permanent basis in their London office. This role is central to the delivery of trade off decisions through the partnerships and requires regular work with senior members across all the partner organisations. This role will act as a coordinator to all the key partnership boards and forums. This is a vital role in leading and maintaining continuous improving Governance and Change Management to achieve timely approval of changes as well as strategic improvements of processes and documentation.
* Work closely with the Strategy & PMO Director, TEP MD, Partnership Board Chairman and NR station Directors, and the DfT in forward planning of change proposals and how they will work through governance.
* Work with stakeholders across all partners to develop the forward look of potential changes, advising Panel/Board chairs on the drumbeat of change proposals and priority areas.
* Deliver and oversee the secretariat function across key TEP meetings including the Partnership Board.
* Design, development and implementation of Euston Partnership Governance and Change Control Process
* Manage TEP’s change control process, incl. integration managing integration across organisations including with NR/Lendlease.
* Advises Strategy & PMO Director on governance changes and advice to TEP on governance in general through engagement with senior stakeholders and forums (i.e. Euston Partnership Board, NR Chairman).
* Ensures consistency in approach and adherence to governance deadlines.
* Accountable for the maintenance of template forms, guidance materials and proliferate best practice completed forms.
* Monitor processes and performance, in order to identify, recommend and implement strategic solutions for process improvement initiatives within Governance and Change management.
* Set up and manage the governance arrangements for the Enhanced Euston Partnership, escalating any risk/issues to TEP Board as required.
* Act as the single point of contact and coordinator for all things relating to the Community Review Panel.
* Secretariat for: Strategy & PMO Director and across all major TEP governance boards / forums.
* Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
Skills/ The Person
* Leadership, programme management and direction skills, to ensure deliverables are provided within time, cost and quality criteria;
* Ability to identify governance process risks and issues and, with groups of stakeholders, to develop mitigation plans or solutions, in priority order to realise the most significant benefits;
* Ability to produce documents and reports and present to a variety of stakeholders, with
* Ability to coordinate groups of stakeholders to agree requirements;
* Ability to use project management techniques;
* Ability to work effectively across teams and lead improvements through matrixed relationships
* Report-writing skills;
* Data compilation and analysis skills;
* IT skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint or equivalent;
* Ability to access, analyse and maintain information from multiple IT databases and systems.
* A understanding of the design and construction processes (RIBA & PACE) as well as wider approvals processes such as planning approvals.
* An ability to talk confidently with technical experts with a broad knowledge of the schemes and key technical challenges.
* Knowledge of best practice Governance and Change processes
* Knowledge of managing and delivering within the constraints under which public sector
* Arm’s length bodies operate and a good understanding of the nature of central
* Government relationships with TEP.
* Degree level qualification in a relevant field
Type of Experience:
* Experience of working with very senior people and the ability to influence.
* Experience of operating within a project/programme environment;
* Experience of compiling and analysing data using Excel (or equivalent), GIS and database reporting tools;
* Experience of managing stakeholder relationships
* Experience of chairing and facilitating meetings, keeping everyone to the agenda, ensuring actions are recorded and followed up.
* Experience of prioritising issues to be escalated and influencing Senior Leaders to get requests approved
Experience of writing and critiquing papers and reports
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.